Follow me on Twitter!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thank you Nike

Dear Mr. Parker,
I just put my shoes on by myself  because I can. I am still in shock that one week ago I received shoes from your amazing company, Nike. Your talented team of designers has thoughtfully created a shoe that for the first time in my life, I can put on myself. I have had them for a short amount of time, but I when I put them on every morning, they give the greatest sense of independence and accomplishment I have ever felt in my life.

With all of my gratitude and appreciation,
Matthew Walzer

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your story Matthew, it's incredible to see someone so young not only understand the power of the human voice/written word but to have the fortitude and courage to use it in such a powerful way, is just inspiring. No doubt you will do great things in your life.

    I am proud to see a great company like Nike step up to the challenge but I am even prouder of you for voicing the challenge. You may not have the physical agility needed to tie shoe laces but you have the internal sprit to move mountains.

    May you never forget that, all best to you in your amazing new kicks.

    ReplyDelete